Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Let The Festivities Begin!!!


Oy Vey, I can't believe it is here already!!! My mom's niece Abby is having her Bat Mitzvah this weekend!!! Mom has been looking at pictures of her when she was little and saying, I remember when she was born and Howard put her in my arms....It was like yesterday...Now this. I am not sure if you all know what a Bat Mitzvah is so I check the web and found this....as a dog, I am not used to talking about these things, "According to Jewish Law, every Jewish girl becomes a bat mitzvah at age 12 - a year earlier than a Jewish boy becomes a bar mitzvah due to the fact that girls mature earlier than boys. As a bat mitzvah, she becomes obligated by God's commandments - as prescribed in the Torah and as interpreted by Moses, the Prophets, the Sages and the Rabbis.

A Jewish girl becomes a bat mitzvah automatically upon turning 12 years old. No ceremony is needed. The Reconstructionist Movement introduced the idea of celebrating a girl becoming a bat mitzvah in 1922. Since then, ceremonies to mark the occasion of a girl becoming a bat mitzvah have become more and more popular. While the bat mitzvah girl can celebrate from her 12th birthday, some wait and celebrate on the girl's 13th birthday. In many Reform, Reconstructionist and Conservative synagogues, the bat mitzvah may be celebrated by the girl blessing and/or reading Torah and also leading part of the prayer service. Festive meals and lavish parties in honor of a girl becoming a bat mitzvah have also become common in non-orthodox communities. http://tiny.cc/AcRkX

On Saturday, our friend Kat is going to do the Marietta Square Farmers Market, http://tiny.cc/7ZZjw so that mom can be with the family celebrating. ...goodness this blog is hard to type tonight because the show in the sky with all the noise is very loud..... http://tiny.cc/60boS, so I am going to go and come back a little later...Hang Tight My Friends It Will Be Over Soon.

Woof Woof

Big Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Ask Who Is Big Daddy?

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
Thanks for coming by and visitng my daily life. Since Big Mama works so hard hand pressing all of the biscuits I thought that I could keep everyone up to date on what is going on, share pictures and get your comments. If you see any typos I am sorry now for that but it is really hard to type when you don't have thumbs. Let me first tell you a little about myself. I am an American Bulldog and was found wondering around by the Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta Georgia. I was so little that my my head was bigger than my body. One look at me and my mom knew I needed lots of loving and care. I had been on the street so long without Proper nourishment I developed Toxoplasmosis and now have cataracts in both eyes and slowly going blind. She has nursed me back to health and today my body is strong and happy. My mom and I are now inseparable and have a large extended family who give me plenty of attention. But most of all I make my mom happy. "You Know You Want Some" - Big Daddy http://www.bigdaddybiscuits.com

Get Your Big Daddy Gear